Darvan 7, functioning as a deflocculant, reduces the electrical attraction among clay particles, making it a valuable thinning agent for slips and a dispersing agent for clay bodies and glazes. Its primary application lies in improving the fluidity of casting slips and regulating or slowing down the rate of shrinkage.
- Deflocculant: reduces electrical attraction among clay particles, improving fluidity.
- Thinning Agent: serves as a valuable agent for thinning slips, enhancing flow and consistency.
- Dispersing Agent: promotes even distribution of particles in clay bodies and glazes.
- Fluidity of Casting Slips: improves the fluidity of casting slips for easier handling.
- Regulate Shrinkage: helps regulate and slow down the rate of shrinkage in ceramics.